Sunday, October 26, 2014

Family

The personal dynamic and function of the family has been on my mind the past several months.  This video describes some ways to apply what goes on in business to the family in order to create a better functioning family unit.  Like all advice on how to create a happier, better functioning family, we should always consider the uniqueness of our own family in order to best fit and implement the ideas.  I found the advice in the video to be edifying and uplifting and I am trying to apply some of the principles to my family.  I have found that I am not perfect but then, none of us are.  So the point is to continue to try and improve and if there are times when things aren't being done as they should be, start doing them again, don't just give up.

Take some time to view this video, it's only 18 minutes.  :-)



Outside the daily function of the family unit, I have had events of late that have caused reflection; the untimely death of my step-mother and the passing of my maternal grandmother.

First, the lighter side - the afore mentioned events remind me of a great tune by the Godfathers -

Birth, School, Work, Death



On a more serious note, Why are we here? Life surely must be more than Birth, School, Work and Death.

Thoughts in 28 minutes :-)

A plan for why we are here

Are we to just live from day to day without a purpose? No. Each one of us has great potential and we should be seeking to develop it each day. Our personal potential leads to family and our family potential and this should help give us directive in our life. More than anything, our families are where our greatest accomplishments should be on this earth because of all the "stuff" we can acquire while here, only our knowledge and our families carry on with us beyond this life.

Pause for another 28 minutes :-)

the eternal perspective of life

Blockades to family happiness -
 
I think that sometimes we need to get over ourselves. I know my stubborn streaks can get in the way of a good time, good conversation and sometimes make it harder to work at relationships.  We all have those moments or things about us that sometimes get in the way and I know I want to try a little harder and do a little better at being better in all my roles.

Reflections on Family -

Family should be important at any point in life. If you grew up not liking your siblings or cousins or anyone in your family, get over it and enjoy a relationship that could change your life. If you have always enjoyed your family, enjoy them more. If you were just not around much growing up, make time to foster new relationships. If you are raising a family, take time to reflect and reevaluate family priorities. If you do not yet have a family of your own, focus your personal development to be in line with what you want to be in a father or mother and spouse.

In the end, life is much much more than Birth, School, Work and Death!

It's about family!

(3 Minutes)

It's about what we make of the small and simple moments of our life!

(3 Minutes)


No comments:

Post a Comment