Friday, February 3, 2012

Quick tongue Carissa strikes again



Joseph Smith taught - “I teach them correct principles and they govern themselves.” 

As parents, we are charged with teaching our children so they can grow up and be functioning adults, sometimes I wonder if I am qualified.  Don't you have to be a functioning adult in order to raise one? Some days it is scary to think that our children will one day "govern themselves."  So far so good, I suppose, with Krystene; she is, after all, a great student on her way to graduating this December. :) [don't forget to follow her adventures: http://2012studentteacher.blogspot.com/]

Last night, while preparing for dinner, Carissa was sitting at the table talking with me as I worked in the kitchen to get dinner ready.  I noticed the banana stand was toppled over on the counter. I asked what happened and Carissa replied: "I was trying to get a banana." My response was: "How did that work out for you?"  Carissa: "Not too well."  Shortly after this exchange, plates with dinner on them were placed on the table, Brittney had yet to arrive at her seat. Carissa: "Can we say the prayer now?" Me: "Do you see Brittney sitting at the table?" Letting her know that we all need to be seated first.  As Brittney sat down, I was getting the drinks and preparing to bring them to the table, Brittney asks: "can we say the prayer?"  Without missing a beat, Carissa responded: "Do you see Scott sitting at the table?"

Well, at least they know to pray before a meal. :)  Perhaps Carissa will outgrow the quick flippant statements and answers.  Hmmmm,  perhaps that is wishful thinking as I, the supposed adult, have not yet done so. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment